Rehearsals and Performances
- Rehearsals begin January 16, 2024 and will be held Monday through Thursday evenings at the Gilroy Center for the Arts (7341 Monterey Rd, Gilroy, CA)
- Evening Performances: March 22, 23, 29, 30 & April 5, 6, 12, 13 at 8:00 pm
- Matinee Performances: March 31, April 7, & April 14 at 2:00 pm.
- Norman Thayer, Jr. (79 -80-ish), Male-Presenting
Aging and hates it. Quick-witted, but losing his edge. A grump who is a softy at heart…
- Ethel Thayer (69-ish), Female-Presenting
Protective and sincere. Excited and energetic head of the house.
- Chelsea Thayer (40’s), Female-Presenting
Strong as both parents, but lost something along the way. “Nervous edginess to her with plenty of her father’s humor.”
- Bill Ray (40’s), Male-Presenting
Chelsea’s dentist fiancé, a “tad self-serious but with a good sense of humor when he remembers to use it.”
- Billy Ray, Teen (13), Male-Presenting
Stuck on vacation on a lake with old people. Flippant, but quick for his age.
- Charlie Martin (40’s), Male-Presenting
Local mailman who is a friend to everybody.
Scheduling and Preparing for Your Audition
- Click here for a complete audition packet containing links to all forms and information.
- Click here to reserve an audition slot, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to arrange for an alternative time.
- Click here to submit your audition information online. If you prefer to fill out your form on paper, rather than using the online sign up form, please click here for an audition form and bring it to your audition, along with a headshot and a list of all potential conflicts..
- Please come to the audition with two contrasting monologues for adults / one comedic monologue for teens.