Calling for actors to audition for a production of A.R. Gurney’s play Later Life, which will run January 20 – February 5 at the Limelight theater in Gilroy, CA. Limelight, presented by South Valley Civic Theatre, is holding open auditions for Later Life on September 23 and 24 in Morgan Hill.
Austin has spent his entire life convinced that something terrible is bound to happen to him. One night, at a party, overlooking Boston harbor, he has the pleasure of rekindling a romance begun almost thirty years ago with Ruth. Now a multiple divorcee, Ruth’s personal life is in such turmoil that mutual friends look to Austin as Ruth’s last shot at normalcy. At the same time, these friends are hoping the wildly unpredictable Ruth will help loosen Austin from the grip of years of depression and lifelessness. Comically, and sometimes painfully, these two people rediscover each other and themselves while a bevy of free-spirited other guests rally behind them and remind them of the infinite possibilities that life holds, should one only choose to pursue them.
- Director: Bill Tindell
- Limelight Executive Director: Peter Mandel
- Limelight Managing Director: Emily Shem-Tov
- Scenic Design: Andrew Cummings
- Lighting Design: Peter Mandel
- Costume Design: TBD
- Stage Manager: TBD
- Friday, September 23, 7:00 pm
- Saturday, September 24, 9:30 am
- Saturday, September 24, 5:00 pm
- Callbacks: Sunday, September 25, 1:00 pm
Rehearsals and Performances
- Rehearsals begin November 30 and will be held Monday through Thursday at the SVCT Warehouse (Building G2, 16842 Joleen Way, Morgan Hill, CA) or the Gilroy Center for the Arts (7341 Monterey Rd, Gilroy, CA)
- Evening Performances: January 20, 21, 27, 28 and February 3,4,10,11 at 8:00 pm.
- Matinee Performances: January 29, February 5, and February 12 at 2:00 pm
Scheduling Your Audition
Please come to either a Friday or Saturday audition spot. Please sign up here, or contact the producer at limelight@SVCT.org if you would like to audition but are unavailable to do so during any of the above times.
- Click here for an audition packet. Please complete the packet and bring it to your audition.
- Bring a headshot, a resume, and a list of all potential conflicts to your audition
- We’re looking to see your creativity in creating characters (multiple role scenarios) so come prepared to demonstrate 2-3 different characters. Try out different appearances, postures, accents, dialects, and other elements of your characters. You can bring costumes, wigs, props, and other items if you would like. A comedic or eccentric dialogue or monologue(s) would be appropriate.
- Click here for descriptions of the roles we will be filling.
- All roles are volunteer and non-AEA.
- All auditions will be held at the SVCT Warehouse (Building G2, 16840 Joleen Way, Morgan Hill).
- Please contact the show’s producer at Limelight@SVCT.org with any additional questions.